Tuesday, October 1, 2013

and a hush fell over the art room...6th grade

I remember being an undergrad at The University of Iowa and sitting in my drawing classes, as classical music was playing in the background and all that was heard was the sound of your charcoal moving across the paper and the smell of coffee, fragrancing the room.  There was something magical about that moment... and today, that moment happened again (minus the coffee).
My sixth grade students have been working very hard on contour line drawing a candy that reflects their own character traits.  A challenge for artists young and old, seasoned and elementary.  First, I was amazed at their growing skills.  (I mean, they practiced A LOT! and it really came out today)  Second, I was thrilled.  My students were experiencing that magical moment, where your brain takes over, you are oblivious to what is happening around you and you jump when you teacher leans in to whisper something in your ear....magical.















Final project pictures will be posted at the end of October.  We have only completed phase one.
 ;-)

xoxo, SMocK you.

No comments:

Post a Comment