Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hello and welcome to the SMocKroom!

I am a bit of a novice, when it comes to 'blogging'.  In all honesty, I don't even like the sound of the word BUT I am attempting to document my year as an art teacher.  My goal for this blog is to share my lessons, my ideas, my resources and my philosophies on art, art history and art education.  

In a quick summary about my teaching, I teach grades 1st through 6th and tend to create themes for my students journey through art.  Each grade level has their own set of adventures and explorations, often leading to a culminating explosive end of the year surprise.  Our focus throughout the year may not, necessarily, be to create pretty artwork but learn the skills necessary to know how to create, design and build artwork.  Pretty or not....

So, stay tuned...check back...hang around the SMocKroom.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Marina! I am excited about what I have in store for my students. Now to only figure out this blogging thing. :)

    ReplyDelete